Terms and conditions of service for all SUPERIOR SEALED services. By approving your quote, and employing the services of Superior Sealed, you agree that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions below.
• We warranty all work as per Fair Trading and abide by the Australian Standard for tiling, waterproofing, shower repairs. Warranties exclude issues caused by movement or factors not directly related to the work being followed as per your scope of works.
• Warranties do not include shower screens, plumbing, damage caused by a leak or anything not directly included in your scope of work and completed as part of our service.
• It is your responsibility to ensure that the leak is not caused by plumbing, and is in fact escaping through tiles.
• Payment is due on day of completion with 24 hours allowed for payments to process. Late payments may incur interest charges & debt collection fees
Payment can be made by DIRECT DEPOSIT, we also offer EFTPOS facilities via SQUARE (please request in advance so we can bring the eftpos unit with us).
Payment is due on the day of completion.
Late payments will incur interest charges. If your payment is more than 30 days late, we will utilize a debt collection agency to take over the request for payment and you agree that in this circumstance you will pay the full debt collection fee (100% of the debt collectors fee) in addition to the overdue payment plus interest.
We do not offer 7 or 30-day accounts to residential homeowners
Clients are requested to ensure a spare key is available particularly in apartment buildings where you require a swob to go up or down the lift.
Tradesmen require many vehicle trips during the workday so it is important that we can get in and out of the building freely and have parking close by. If there is no parking close to your property we may be unable to complete the service.
Tiling, waterproofing, silicone and epoxy work generally requires 48 hours minimum to ‘settle’ before it can be used. Keep the area clean, dry, and free of traffic for 48 hours or warranty becomes void.
Weather may affect your work – delays are possible during severe thunderstorms or wet weather. Outdoor areas are often delayed due to rain, this includes balconies, any outdoor grouting or re-grouting work, tiling and waterproofing.
Clients are advised we may need to set up electrical tools outdoors and undercover if its raining. We request clients ensure we have access to a powerpoint either directly outside, in a garage or with an extension lead running into the yard or balcony.
CLEANING OF TILES, GROUT & MOULD
Superior Sealed takes no responsibility for mould or ‘dirtiness’ of tiles or grout after as tiles require maintenance and need to be cleaned, especially in wet areas.
Whilst we use mould resistant products, It is the clients responsibility to keep tiles, grout and silicone clean and free of mould. Keep as much natural light as possible in the area and dry the recess using a towel whenever possible and allow the shower to dry out.
Do not apply anything to new tiling or grout or silicone work for 48 hours after completion. Keep all areas dry and clean for 48 hours after completion and do not touch or step on wet grout or silicone.
Customers are required to provide clear access at the time scheduled for your appointment. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that parking is available for the tradesman to work close by to site, as we have heavy tools and rubbish removal it is difficult to work over long distances.
It is important that all children are kept clear of the work area for safety reasons, we ask that nobody enters the area until completion. For health and safety you can not enter the area without protective clothing, and equipment including: eye protection, hearing protection, gloves, steel cap boots, and under direct supervision.
It is recommended that clients ask the supplier where they got the tiles from for care instructions, and to find out if the tiles and grout need sealing. We recommend sealing of all splash back tiles to avoid staining and marking from cooking.
It is normal for there to be some minor hazing after grouting on a tile, and we recommend leaving the tiles to dry for 24 hours before cleaning the tile down using a ‘buffing’ circular motion using a DRY MICROFIBRE RAG.
We take no responsibility for hazing or staining of tiles, if the client has failed to advise us that the tile is porous, prone to staining or hazing or if special care is required and it was not advised by the supplier of the tiles.
We will not take responsibility where there are changes in tile colour, not matching tiles, when it is beyond our control and unrelated to the quality of our work.
Clients are recommended to think about and advise us of what set out they would like if they don’t want us to choose. Once we begin to lay tiles, the tile choice is final and cannot be changed.
Clients are advised that there are often shade variations in tile boxes and that we will take no responsibility for tiles that do not match original tiles (particularly for repair work and leaking shower repairs).
Clients should ‘mix up’ the tiles from the boxes, if under the manufacturers instructions shade variation may occur.
All of our work carries the full fair trading requirements for warranty including waterproofing certificates.
We offer 2 types of warranty.
1. FAIR TRADING – TRADES SERVICE WARRANTY AS PER FAIR TRADINGS RECOMMENDATIONS.
2. PRODUCT WARRANTY – MANUFACTURER WARRANTS THE PRODUCT WILL WORK WHEN INSTALLED TO THEIR INSTRUCTIONS.
The warranty is valid as per the fair trading terms and guarantees do not apply for:
Shower screens, grout discolouration/mould due to insufficient cleaning or ventilation, movement (except in clear membrane solutions where the product is flexible and is suitable for movement). Warranty is void if after care instructions are not followed.
• Work affected by movement, building movement or any factors not directly related to the quality of the work as per Australian Standards
• Work that is damaged due to the weather, natural occurrences or acts of god.
• Work that has not had after care instructions followed, such as walking on/getting wet/etc work for a minimum of 48 hours, and the terms specified in our terms of service or as advised by your technician.
• Any work that has been damaged or altered in any way from its original finish, including the installation of PC items, furniture or cabinetry over the tiles.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
A reminder once again that Superior Sealed do not provide 7 or 30 day terms of service to residential home owners and as such payment is due for all jobs on day of completion of the job, with a 48 hour period permitted to allow direct deposit payments to be cleared after being processed before 5PM on day of completion.
Late payments incur additional late payment fees including full debt collector fees (you agree to pay 100% of the debt collector fee if it is required), plus original payment as per the quote / scope of work. Thank you.